Amongst all aftermarket suspension brands TracTive distributes the largest range of Adventure shock absorbers and cartridges for high-end motorcycles. But are you lacking a bike model or a product configuration in our catalog, do contact us !
TracTive also serves the market through high-end tuners specialised in Adventure, Rally, Enduro market. Most known are :
– Touratech Suspension by Tractive as part of a vast range of adventure accessories for adventure bikes with a worldwide distributor network
– Rally-raid Products UK : Rallyraid Suspension for KTM690, Honda CB500X and Yamaha T7
TracTive’s range of shock absorbers has been developed since its inception with the Adventure Rider in mind. As such, the needs of Adventure Riders have been central in TracTive’s shock absorber design. Apart from inherent robustness, an adventure shock needs thermal stability for its typical offroad use. The shock’s damping has been developed for each specific bike model to give good handling, while still providing comfort on long distances. Depending on the customer’s personal use and preference, there are different product lines ready to be used from gentle allroad to extreme offroad:
Features and functions
All product lines use the same quality components and technical principles:
- 46mm high flow pistons
- Cold-forged/extruded and machined 6082 T6 46mm aluminum shock body for high-strength and maximum heat dissipation.
- Stainless steel bearing bushes instead of aluminum or brass: more durable, especially in case of heavy bikes.
- Best-quality ball bearings
- Low-friction seal with integrated Teflon back-up ring minimises the friction of the shock absorber even at high internal pressures and extends the life of the shock
- Oversized 16mm high-strength shaft made of chrome-moly 42CrMo4 steel for maximum strength and durability. The steel has been quenched and tempered, surface induction hardened, plated with a durable Chrome coating and microfinished for optimal friction.
- Damping set up for fully-loaded bike for demanding touring and adventure customers
- Spring set up for the average adventure customer with gear. Since most models have a range of suitable springs, the shock comes with the spring selected for the customers’ weight, load and/or passengers.
- Although not an aim in itself, the use of aluminum for better thermal conductivity also leads to a lower weight of the shock absorber.
- Very robust hydraulic preload adjusters with large adjustment range to compensate for large ranges in loading.
- Optional Bottoming control with secondary compression dampening technology , (PDS2) Position-dependent Dampening System
- In some cases the shock is equipped with a shock length adjustment. It allows 8mm (-4mm to +4mm) of length adjustment to fine tune the balance and height of your bike. The M20 thread diameter ensures reliability. In some applications Tractive can also apply a +/-5 mm length adjustment.
- Fully serviceable by a TracTive trained suspension technician, most service technicians who are used to work with high-end suspension should be able to work on TracTive shock absorbers.
- Tuneable by the suspension expert for ride height or damping
- The product comes with installation manual and adjustment tool
The X-Treme Closed Cartridge was designed specifically for touring and riding under frequently varying loads and riding conditions, as well as for keeping up with the most extreme demands. It is in the absolute première league class of suspension technology for front forks.
Features and functions:
- The closed cartridge is installed into the original fork. In this way, the fork bridge/handlebar mount, brakes, wheel control and steering geometry are fully retained. No additional modifications to the fork are required.
- All adjustments from Top-side:
- Fully adjustable spring preload in both fork legs for optimum balance of the bike. 20 mm over 12 clicks
- Separately adjustable rebound damping 20 clicks (1 fork leg)
- Compression damping 20 clicks (1 fork leg)
- Both top covers contain a deaeration screw
- A “hydraulic end stop” is installed in each cartridge leg to minimise bottoming out.
- The closed cartridge functions like a shock absorber in the fork which, due to the finely adjustable damping, allows for effective, precise suspension settings to match your personal riding style at all times, for every road condition and purpose.
- 35mm high flow double-digressive piston, largest piston on the market.
- Fully serviceable by a trained suspension service technician
- Tuneable by a suspension expert for ride height, air chamber and damping
- Available in a range of spring rates to match the rider’s weight requirements.
- The product comes with installation manual, installation tool, adjustment tool and an oil canister.
Electronic shock absorbers and cartridges
More and more motorcycles come on the market with electronic adjustable suspension. Certainly in the Touring and Adventure segment. This is not the end of aftermarket suspension. On the contrary, these electronic suspensions do offer more adjustability, but are still a compromise between function and costprice. These are still being developed for the average customer with the average weight and average height and average track. Based on the same components and on state-of-the-Art technologies, TracTive has developed many Plug & Play shocks and cartridges for ESAI, ESAII and dynamic ESA.
The TracTive electronic products are divided in the same product lines as the non-electronic products. Their construction is in fact identical to a non-electronic shock absorber, and the customer demands are also similar. The only externally visible difference is that a cable emerges where one would expect an Allen key adjuster. Inside the product is an electronic adjustment of the damping. This can be based on a stepper motor or on a dynamic solenoid valve. In both cases the electronic adjustment opens or closes a bypass, identical to what the external Allen key adjuster does to a non-electronic shock.
Since the construction is the same, TracTive also supplies the same product lines (preceded with an e):